Are you a Multi Skilled Operative or Quarry Operative looking for your next permanent role? Then read on as we may just have the role for you……
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Multi Skilled Operative to join our Whitwell Quarry close to Worksop in Derbyshire. This role is easily commutable from Sheffield, Chesterfield, Rotherham, Worksop, Bolsover, Dronfield, North Anston, Retford, Doncaster and Mansfield.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds, therefore prior technical experience isn’t always necessary for success.
Duties of the Multi Skilled Operative will include the day-to-day operations of mobile and fixed plant. The role is to operate the machine safely and meeting production demands. Working to keep housekeeping around site to a high standard.
Your role will include (not exhaustive):
- Assist the Supervisor with meeting daily production targets
- Follow SHE policies and procedures
- Ensure Plant conforms with safety requirements at all times
- Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality responsibilities
- Acting on defects and raise awareness for remedial action
- Ensure that plant availability is maximised within your role
- Housekeeping across the site to provide optimum production
Please note we have 2 positions for this role operating as follows:
DAY shift role Monday – Friday and Saturday AM on rotation
DAY shift role 4 on – 4 off with an enhanced rate to support this shift
(both roles have OT available to meet with the site production needs)
To succeed in the role of a Multi Skilled Operative the following is what we are looking for in a future colleague:
- Knowledge of Quarrying and plant operations
- Previous experience in mobile plant operations i.e loading shovel would prove highly beneficial
- Good Timekeeping – Flexible as to the sites manufacturing requirements
- Good Communication skills – bringing problems to the attention of Line Management
- Full UK Driving Licence
- IT Literate
Previous experience as a Multi Skilled Operative working in a Plant / Quarry environment would prove highly beneficial; but this is not essential as training will be given to the right candidate.
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/119/4928