Are you an experienced Supervisor or Manager from within a manufacturing, industrial or similar ‘heavy’ industry environment; with exceptional people and customer facing skills? If this sounds like you then please read on as this could just be the role for you
At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Supervisor to join our Tarmac Readymix ‘RMX’ team where you will be located at our Meriden RMX plant situated between Coventry and Birmingham. The site is easily accessible via most major road networks. The plant is easily commutable from Coventry, Birmingham, Kenilworth, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Redditch, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Warwick, Royal Leamington Spa, Heathcote, Stratford-upon-Avon, Daventry, Hinkley, Lutterworth, Tamworth, Alcester and the surrounding areas.
Due to the nature of the role we are open to accepting applications from candidates who can offer strong supervisory / management experience from within a similar ‘heavy’ industry, as product training will be given to the successful candidate.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Plant Supervisor will manage and be accountable for the RMX operations on our plant. Safety and operational standards are the fundamentals of the role of Plant Supervisor with cost control, people management (Contractors), delivery to customer needs and performance improvement being key. Managing plant compliance with business policies and procedures and ensuring that legislative compliance is also a strong aspect of the role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Plant Supervisor, not exhaustive:
- Leading and active supervisory of the RMX operational plant
- Delivery of toolbox talks – contractors
- Manage all aspects of daily production including operational costs and control stocks
- Efficient manufacture of concrete, controlling standard deviation and cement contents
- Drive operational performance through KPI’s
- Timely resolution of queries assigned to the sector
- Take responsibility for their own safety and that of contractors, customers and business partners
- Maintain site housekeeping to a high standard
- Batch concrete to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements
- Responsible for the budget in relation to the plants they are responsible for, these being both fixed and variable costs
Key Stakeholders you will liaise with in the responsibilities of this role:
- Business Manager – Area Director – Health & Safety team – Procurement and support teams – National Logistics team – Area Operations teams – Area Commercial teams – Area HR Manager – Industry Bodies – Customers
The role is a DAYS role with OT available to meet with the plant’s production needs
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate for the position of Plant Supervisor you will have experience and knowledge of:
- Experience in plant operations – would prove highly beneficial although training will be given to the right candidate
- Previous experience of a Readymix / Aggregates environment would prove highly beneficial although product training will be given to the right candidate
- Full knowledge of Risk Assessments and Safe System of Work Systems
- Working knowledge of production processes
- H&S and Environmental policies
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations
- Able to actively identify and implement site and process improvements
- Able to look for opportunities to identify customer needs
- Able to effectively communicate to feed opportunities into customer services / sales
- Ability to multitask and manage change
Salary: Competitive + Overtime + Bonus + Benefits Package
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/115/5107