Shift hours: Permanent
We are the UK&I No.1 Catering services provider, a £2 billion revenue business, employing 60,000 talented people. We do it all. Tasty, healthy food that brings people together and makes them smile, and hospitality, building maintenance, cleaning and procurement services that make everyone’s day just that little bit brighter. We work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, far flung oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 15,000 locations across the UK and Ireland.
The Compass Digital and Data team are leading the industry by trailing the very latest consumer tech.
If automation and artificial intelligence linked with a passion for improving consumer experience is your thing, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager that will own this and other emerging tech products.
This is an industry first and an amazing opportunity. You will lead, bring to life the tech and drive consumer transformational change.
This role will report directly to the Head of Digital Strategy and Product and will be accountable for the full project lifecycle including pilots, sector engagement, initial mobilisations, future development roadmap. You’ll be our SME and engage with senior stakeholders across our exciting business. Currently these include sports stadia, exhibition centres, defence sites and corporate businesses.
- Responsible for planning, management and delivery of Digital & Data projects in accordance with business requirements and functional specifications
- Structure projects to ensure that agreed budgetary, resourcing and time objectives are met. Manage the project budget.
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects are delivered within timescale, to scope, to budget and to a high standard
- To project manage implementation of products or services in accordance with the business client agreements
- Act as prime point of contact for the project; provide day-to-day management of the overall and work stream level plans
- Responsible for production and maintenance of Project documentation
- Responsible for maintaining relations with Business Owners
- Track and communicate status of projects/programme to ensure visibility of status across the business – Conduct project review meetings and provision of status reports
- Pro-actively manage and highlight project risks and issues
- Liaise closely with Programme Office to ensure sufficient resources are allocated to each project
- Ensure project guidelines and processes are developed and adhered to
- Demonstrate Quality Assurance practices during all stages of the project
- Monitor and suggest improvements to the Change Management processes and practices and pro-actively help to encourage good practice
- Ensure all Business readiness activities are planned and completed prior to implementation
- Ensure successful handover to support teams and business owners
- Experience in managing business orientated projects
- Proven track record for delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Experience preparing business cases and preparation for financial approval
- Thorough understanding and experience of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to analyse, diagnose, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time and quality targets
- Familiarity with available PRINCE 2 methods, procedures, tools, equipment and standards and ability to make correct choices from alternatives
- Proven experience in constructing documentation, processes and standards
- Proven leadership skills. Proven and demonstrated skills in building strong team dynamics
- Experience in methodologies such as PRINCE 2 and the use of them in practical applications
- IT/Catering/Service/Retail background – Technical awareness of IT systems and networks
- Experience in management of projects, software projects and their successful delivery
- Understanding the technical implications of what the business owner is asking for and ability to translate to IT and third parties