Social Worker – Permanent
This is a Gloucestershire County Council job.
- Job Title: Social Worker
- Job Location: Shire Hall, Block 5, 2nd Floor
- Salary: £34,723 – £36,298 per annum
- Hours per Week: Full time (37) and part time opportunities
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 04/06/2023
- Job Requisition Number: 4848
- This post is not open to job share however we welcome a discussion as to your flexible working requirements
Are you an experienced social worker looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a real difference to the lives of the people you work with?
Then we would love to hear from you!
If you’re looking to move to Gloucestershire, we offer a relocation allowance of up to £8,000 subject to qualifying conditions. There’s never been a better time to make the move!
Gloucestershire County Council Adult Social Care are holding a series of recruitment events in 2023 to share details of our many rewarding local jobs. Our events aim to inspire anyone who is thinking about a new challenge or a change of career to join our amazing Adults teams in 2023.
Please visit our Recruitment Events webpage. If you need any further information, please email our Adults Recruitment Team today!
About the role:
We have full time and part time Social Worker positions in our Hospital Discharge and Assessment Team. The team of around 50 people has a supportive and engaged management structure including an Integrated Social Care Manager, a Deputy Social Care Manager, Social Work Leads and Social Care Leads. Other staff members include qualified Social Workers, Adult Social Care Practitioners and an administration team.
To find out more about working in the Learning Disabilities team, please visit our “Meet the Teams” webpage here.
Our Social Workers must be able to listen hard to the people of Gloucestershire, to understand what really matters and to connect them to resources that help them continue with their chosen life, either with support or independently. You will also be working with individuals to help them to regain control of their lives in a crisis.
In order to best support the people we work with, we need Social Workers who are experienced in promoting their own and others professional curiosity and who are competent in their knowledge of legislation and meeting their professional capabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Gloucestershire County Council. If you join us, you can be confident of becoming part of a welcoming, supportive, passionate, innovative and very experienced team.
We use the Three Conversation approach, a model that re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths and the networks and community around them. The suitable candidate will be well supported within their role and will receive regular supervision.
We fully support agile working and ask teams to be in the office on days they are working together and holding their ‘huddles’ where teams work together on exploring how to support the people we work with.
See how Gloucestershire Adult Social Care’s #Makethedifference Three Conversation approach is transforming lives and reinvigorating social work in the county by reading our Community Care Editorial.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and adaptable in their practice, someone who is creative, innovative and searches for imaginative solutions that are not always obvious. You need to be self-motivated, pragmatic, and resilient.
- Have a social work qualification and be SWE* registered
- Have completed your ASYE* programme or have relevant statutory experience
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practice
- Have the right to work in the UK.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do and how we treat each other. They provide essential guiding principles about the way that we work and set the tone for our culture, and identify what we, as an organisation, care about.
Above all you should:
– perform to the highest professional standards and be the best you can be
– focus on providing excellent customer service
– be inclusive, show respect and value others
– work collaboratively as part of a team
– be a confident and clear communicator
If you hold the same behaviours and approach, then we want to hear from you! In exchange, we will provide you with full training and support to help you succeed in your role!
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be entitled to our full benefits package, including:
- Relocation allowance of up to £5,000 (T&Cs apply)
- Flexible working opportunities, including flexi-time and a degree of remote working (subject to the needs of the role – please discuss this at interview)
- 25.5 days annual leave rising to 30.5 days after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounts at a number of major supermarket chains and high street retailers
- Transfer options after one year in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings.
- Accredited post-qualified training opportunities, enabling you to develop your skills
- Personal licences to Adults CCINFORM
- Gloucestershire Salary Sacrifice Green Car Scheme (T&C’s apply)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides free, confidential, counselling and advice for employees, available 24 hours a day, online and by telephone.
- Strong emphasis on a supportive working environment and developing our employees with 94% having participated in their annual appraisal and regular health and wellbeing events.
We’re closer than you think:
We are an easy commute from many locations, view our commuting times map to see what we mean. However, we understand that commuting isn’t for everyone, so if you are in the process of relocating, why not email us to discuss opportunities further.
* For interested professionals located in Wales and Scotland, please contact us to discuss your application.
How to apply
To start your journey with us, click ‘Apply’ today!
Or to arrange an informal discussion with the Team Manager, please email ASCrecruitment@gloucestershire.gov.uk.
Please write your application with consideration for the criteria in the Job Description. This should include examples of why you should be considered and the experience, skills and knowledge that you would bring to the post. You will find a link below to our Job Description.
Please select in the application form whether you are applying for the full time or part time position, or whether you would consider either.
Please note that sponsorships are not on offer for this position.
To access the Job Profile for this role, please follow the link below:-
Job profile Social Worker – Adults
This Position is subject to a DBS check.
Gloucestershire County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people or vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We want to be an employer of choice, attracting and retaining excellent people to work for us, so that we can best serve all of Gloucestershire’s diverse communities. Our promise to you is that we will provide an inclusive and supportive working environment that enables you to bring your whole self to work and realise your full potential.
It is a legal requirement, under the Immigration Act 2016, that anyone appointed to a ‘customer facing role’ must be able to demonstrate an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in fluent English.