Salary: £16.26 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
- Monday to Friday 7am to 3.30pm with paid overtime.
Founded in New York 59 years ago, Restaurant Associates brings high quality employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK’s leading workplaces. We believe in the power of food and drink to bring people together, whether in a restaurant or speciality café, to inspire them to do great things at work.
Our food is fresh crafted onsite by a passionate team of chefs using the best locally sourced seasonal ingredients and we know that a balanced, plant focused, natural, fresh and sustainable menu will increase the productivity of our customers and our team to keep them motivated and happy whilst at work.
We provide amazing food, create inviting spaces, and develop engaging environments that inspire, motivate and unite our customers
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to join our dedicated and passionate catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly innovative corporate environment.
Your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food service
- Creating a positive kitchen environment where your team feel welcomed and supported
- Supporting the team in delivering our tasty food concepts to our customers
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Supporting the team with ordering food, stock control and controlling food waste
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Supporting the team to manage budgets and successfully meet financial targets
- Complying with Food Handling and Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health and Safety regulations
Our Ideal Sous Chef will be:
- Innovative, confident, calm and creative individual
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- A good track record of driving world class performance
- Strong commercial experience- ‘see the food from the customers eyes’
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food now and where we take it forward
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
Restaurant Associates provides brilliant hospitality through our food, drink and services. We work with our partners and collaborate with our clients to achieve great things together.Every day, our teams of passionate hospitality professionals strive for excellence in delivering employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK’s leading workplace as well as inspiring exceptional experiences in iconic cultural and heritage destinations.
Job Reference: com/1205/C21401/51783167/SU
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.