Do you want to make a positive difference to people’s lives?
If yes, then our Support Worker job vacancies in Accrington may be perfect for you!
About the role
Sense has a great opportunity to join our team as a Support Worker in Accrington. This is a permanent, full time role working 36 hours per week. Your hours will consist of 3 x 12 hour shifts, including working every other weekend.
Successful candidates will support six adult individuals who reside in a residential care setting with dual sensory needs and disabilities to promote independence, choice and enhance inclusion in the community.
The main purpose of your role is to support people to be as involved as possible in every part of their day to day lives so that they can be full and active members of society. You will work within the framework of the Sense I Statements to:
- Keep the needs of the people you are supporting at the centre of your attention at all times;
- Enable the people you support to influence their services and the way they are supported;
- Help Sense to provide a high quality service to meet all peoples needs such as personal care, cleaning,cooking,laundry, activities.
- To uphold dignity and respect at all times.
- To assist service users to access the community with the use of Sense vehicles
- To work well within a team.
- Complete mandatory Sense training
- To have a working knowledge of all policies and procedures within the home.
- To maintain confidentiality on all aspects of care and your work within the home
- Previous care experience of working in a care setting would be an advantage but is not essential
- Ability to support people with mobility problems
- Experience of working in a team and ability to use own initiative
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Flexibility is needed as working times do vary and will include evenings, weekends and sleep-ins; we will however provide you with a rota in advance so you can plan your life accordingly.
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential. Sense has a proven record of offering high quality, pioneering services.
Working as a Support Worker at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition, we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
If you would like more information on the role, please contact email@example.com
No agencies please.
Please use the link below to complete your application. Managers will use your application to shortlist candidates in relation to the Personal Specification; therefore it is very important you complete this section thoroughly. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines and job description (found at the base of this advert) before applying.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format please contact the Recruitment department on 0121 415 6735 or textphone 0121 415 2720.
Sense is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to ensuring that all staff are motivated, skilled and rewarded by their work. Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment are subject to a number of checks including an enhanced DBS check where appropriate.