Shift Hours: 40 – Days and Nights
Your potential plus our commitment changes lives.
Team Leader provide a vital part in providing the people we support with the care and ability to improve their quality of life.
We are currently looking for Team Leader to join our team.
Essential Care and Support provide person centred support to individuals with complex needs, these include learning disabilities, autism, mental health and personality disorders.
The role will be based across 2 sites in the Murton and Seaham region where you will be responsible for a small team.
Shifts vary over a 7 day rota that will include days, sleeps, nights and some weekends.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of care and support services to vulnerable adults, National Care Group fully appreciate the amazing and life changing work our Support Staff do. That is why we offer:
- A Competitive hourly rate of £11.41
- Specialist and Blended Training and Development – we believe in promoting from within
- Enhanced Training that includes Induction Training, Service Specific as well as opportunities to complete a Care Certificate and NVQ/QCF
- Access to Digital Perks where you can gain discounts on gym memberships, shopping, theme parks, travel and more
- Unlimited Refer a Friend Scheme to earn £300 per successful referral
The Team Leader Role
As a Team Leader, you will promote and ensure that the company vision of person-centred support is implemented whilst maintaining an individual’s potential and independence. You will be the front-line manager, whilst also ensuring all necessary back office duties are completed within compliance.
A Team Leader is required to respect and work cooperatively with others, enabling the people we support to live in their own home or within their local community with dignity and confidence. Responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for staff management and staff development.
- Leading the staff in promoting each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life.
- Monitor and assist the effective delivery of group and individual activities within homes that address agreed client goals and the progress of clients against agreed outcome and well-being measures.
- Ensure that liaison with external parties within their areas of responsibility is coordinated effectively to ensure that communication is effective and consistent within the home.
- Work in accordance with Company values, policies and procedures, legislation and national minimum standards.
- Meet agreed individual annual objectives.
- Promote each client’s well-being, safety and quality of life
- Responsibility for completing and reviewing internal quality compliance systems
The most important qualities needed are the ability to treat others with respect, listen to their needs and understand their emotions. Be Kind, friendly and honest.
The Ideal Candidate
- Supporting adults with mental health conditions.
- Have a minimum of a Level 3 NVQ/QCF in Health and Social Care or working towards this.
- Experience managing and running a service/home
- Experience of auditing and quality compliance
- Completing staff rotas, supervisions and appraisals
- Familiar with CQC regulations
- Willing to take part on the On-call Rota
Do you have the necessary values and qualities?
If Yes, Come and join our amazing team.
This role requires the role holder to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.