Want to make a difference? Join Salutem in supporting people to live the life they love!
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential, supported living and educational environments.
Individuals we support become part of a Salutem family, where they can be themselves, thrive, and love the life they live. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days and fulfilled lives for everyone at Salutem, and that includes those who work for us. The opportunities and prospects really are limitless, and that’s why you should consider becoming part of our family.
Orchard Park Flats offers support for disabled adults in Cambridge, giving them the opportunity to live an independent lifestyle and the chance to develop and practice independent living skills. Individual support is also provided.
Each flat has two bedrooms – which the individuals we support are encouraged to decorate and make their own – two bathrooms, a lounge and a kitchen. Hoisting facilities are available in every flat.
· Be able to demonstrate a warm, person centred and affirmative approach to people with learning disabilities.
· Administer medication in line with our procedures
· Demonstrate written communication skills, sufficient to contribute to a record keeping system
· Help people using our services with activities of daily living such as bathing and using the toilet
· Plan and participate in activities on and off site
· Team Lead and delegate appropriately when on shifts and take the role of management in the absence of the Registered Manager or Deputy Manager
· Complete regular staff supervision
· Key work and be involved in liaising with social workers and other agencies
· Compile reports and complete weekly and monthly reviews
· Providing On-Call in case of an emergency
At Salutem, you’re not just a care worker – you’re a supportive healthcare professional, an ambitious worker, a loyal colleague, a unique and transparent individual who provides engaging and meaningful experiences for the people we support.
As a valued member of our family, we offer:
· Key Worker status
· Competitive rates of pay dependant on experience.
· Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month as and when you need it.
· Training/Qualification Opportunities – (mention specific courses/qualifications they can get while in the role if applicable) In addition to the company induction, you will also receive bespoke specialist training that reflects the needs of the service and your personal development.
· Internal progression opportunities – We're committed to supporting your learning and upskilling and will support you to reach your full potential and progress in your career with us.
· Induction – You will undertake a bespoke induction programme tailored to your specific job role and will complete training through a blended learning approach
· Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more!
· Employee Support Helpline – You will have access to a private and confidential employee support helpline, covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more. This is all available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
If you're looking for a new opportunity with career prospects and would like to be part of our dynamic organisation which supports people to live fulfilled and meaningful lives, please apply now!
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.