DiversityJobsGroup.com is a trading name of Diversity Jobs Group Limited and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. “Personal Data” is information that might help identify you as an individual, such as your name, contact details, IP address or CV.
We are focused on the protection of your personal data and privacy and would ask that you please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting using our website www.DiversityJobsGroup.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described within this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR, the data controller is Diversity Jobs Group Ltd Limited of Ground Floor, Southon House, Station Approach, Edenbridge, Kent, United Kingdom, TN8 5LP.
How do we collect personal data?
1. Data you give us
The majority of the personal data we collect is provided voluntarily by you when filling any forms* on the DiversityJobsGroup.com website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
*An example of a form is at registration: when you contact us or create an account with us, you might submit your name, your email address and possibly your CV. These are all pieces of personal data that we collect and process.
If you do not wish us to collect and process this type of data, then do not submit it when using our services.
Other pieces of data you give us may include information you provide when you enter a competition, promotion or survey or when you report a problem with the DiversityJobsGroup.com or a group website.
2. Data we collect about you
For each of your visits to the DiversityJobsGroup.com website, we will automatically collect the following pieces of data:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full URL (Uniform Resource Locators), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any telephone number used to call us.
- Cookies (see ‘about cookies’ below)
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data you give us or we collect may include the following.
From your DiversityJobsGroup.com account, it may include:
- Your full name
- Your contact details: address, email address, mobile number
- Educational background or employment history
- Skills and qualifications
- From a job application, it may include:
- Your CV
- Your job application details
- From when you respond to a marketing email, it may include:
- Answers or preferences submitted to a survey
- Answers submitted when entering a competition
1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies or downloading Browser Add-ins. (cookie blockers).
Please note: if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the DiversityJobsGroup.com website.
2. What type cookies do we use?
We use the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are required for the operation of the DiversityJobsGroup.com website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into any secure areas of the DiversityJobsGroup.com website.
- Analytical / Performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the DiversityJobsGroup.com website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the DiversityJobsGroup.com website works, for example, by ensuring that you find what you are looking for more easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise the computer when you return to the DiversityJobsGroup.com website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and speed up the loading of pages etc.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the DiversityJobsGroup.com website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the DiversityJobsGroup.com website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
3. Cookies and third parties
We use third party tracker and data analytics service providers including Google Analytics to help us to understand how people use the DiversityJobsGroup.com Website and our services.
Purposes of Data Processing
The data we collect and process serves the following functions: web development, marketing customer service, finance and business intelligence. Each one of these functions entices several purposes of processing data, detailed below.
- Web development.
- Using DiversityJobsGroup.com (allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so)
- User Experience (UX) customisation (this could include the personalising and customising your user experience of the website, like your personal dashboard, or where we personalise the emails you may receive)
- Online Applications (filling out the application received by a recruiter when you submit an online application)
- Product Management (improving the existing products or developing new products and services, that can include research, troubleshooting and testing)
- Email targeting (sending targeted emails regarding jobs or news that may interest you). These emails are sent only based on your email subscription preferences, if you have unsubscribed from these then you will not receive them.
- Advertising (measuring or understanding the effectiveness of the advertising we provide and to deliver highly relevant content)
- Customer service.
- Account management (account details, login credentials, registered preferences or purchase history)
- Contact and Enquiries (processing contact or enquiries received by email or phone, or notifying you about a change in our services)
- Finance. This includes processing payments and credits, as well as preventing fraud
- Business intelligence. This includes data analysis and website analytics, statistical and surveys purposes, as well as research.
Other uses of the data include:
To provide you with the contract information and products that you request from us.
Legal basis for the use of your data
We rely on the following clauses as a legal basis for the collection and processing of your data:
Some of the personal data we collect and process is done with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send you a marketing email if your email subscription preferences indicate you are willing to receive such emails. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See more information about your rights to withdraw consent further down.
2. Legitimate interest
We also process data when it is in our legitimate interest to do so and when this interest is not overridden by your data protection rights (see further down for more information about your rights).
Our legitimate interests ensuring that the DiversityJobsGroup.com website is operating effectivity and that you (as a user) can make use and benefit of all of its services (e.g. browsing or applying to a job, posting a job, getting notifications and recommendations about jobs you may like, etc.). It also includes ensuring the security and integrity of the DiversityJobsGroup.com website.
Full details of all our legitimate interests are laid out in our data audit which can be viewed on request.
Finally, DiversityJobsGroup.com may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations e.g. preventing, investigating crime or working with law enforcement agencies.
Who do we share it with? (third parties)
DiversityJobsGroup.com may share your data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. Access to personal data within DiversityJobsGroup.com and Diversity Jobs Group Ltd is strictly restricted to those individuals who have a need to access the information for our business purposes.
DiversityJobsGroup.com may also share your data with the following selected third parties:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we may enter into with either them or yourself.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in improving and optimising the DiversityJobsGroup.com and / or group websites.
How do we store and protect your data
Your data is securely stored and kept inside the European Economic Area (EEA) using access controls and encrypted passwords.
We will regularly review our retention of your personal data and delete any personal data which is not necessary for us to retain. Your data is stored according to the following retention schedule:
- CANDIDATE: After 3 years of inactivity all personal data will be deleted. Activity of a candidate includes, but is not limited to: logging in to the DiversityJobsGroup.com website, creating a job alert on DiversityJobsGroup.com, opening of an email, contacting us online, applying for a job online on DiversityJobsGroup.com or any of the group job boards.
- CLIENT: After 3 years of inactivity all data will be deleted. Activity of a client includes,
but is not limited to: logging in to the DiversityJobsGroup.com website, opening of an email, contacting us online, downloading the DiversityJobsGroup.com rate-card, posting a job on DiversityJobsGroup.com.
If you request in writing that DiversityJobsGroup.com deletes your data, then the data will stop being retained and deleted immediately *(same working day if the request arrives within 3 hours prior to the offices closing).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to DiversityJobsGroup.com, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
International transfers of Personal Data
Although DiversityJobsGroup.com is based within the United Kingdom and is subject to GDPR, there may be instances where we might send information outside of the UK, EU or EEA, due to the nature of DiversityJobsGroup.com (a job board) and the technologies required (transmission of data via Internet), your data may be transferred to a destination outside the EEA.
What are your rights as a data subject?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via the contact form on the DiversityJobsGroup.com website (or any of the group job boards) and expressing your wishes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by submitting a written request by contacting us via the contact form on the DiversityJobsGroup.com website (or any of the group job boards) and expressing your wishes this way.
Furthermore, if you believe any of the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate, please tell us so we can correct it as necessary.
You always have the right to request for the deletion of your data. We have a formal process which we will follow if you decide you would no longer like us to retain our data. We will follow our usual customer service response and be in touch to confirm we have received the request in less than three business hours (Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm and on Friday from 9am to 4pm).
Once the request has been received, we will confirm when the data will be deleted by and full deletion completed. Please contact us via the contact form on the DiversityJobsGroup.com website (or any of the group job boards) if you would like to request deletion of your data.
If you are unhappy with the way your personal data has been processed by us, you have the right to complain with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on their website: www.ico.org.uk.
The DiversityJobsGroup.com website (and any of the group boards) may from time to time, contain weblinks to and from a website of one of our partners, advertisers and / or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Data Subject Access Request
You can contact us via the Contact us page and submit a ‘Data Subject Access Request’. Any Data Subject Access Request will be subject to a fee of £50 *(fifty) pounds to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to this policy