If you want to make your mark in a successful and flourishing school that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring and creative English Teacher to join our close-knit team at Orchard School
About the School:
The young people we educate and care for come to us with a huge variety of needs and difficulties. Our challenge is to help them build the hope, confidence, knowledge and skills to unlock their potential.
From innovative educational experiences to national curriculum programmes, supported by passionate teams of specialists and key workers, we actively enable each young person to achieve their personal best, all in an environment that best suits them.
Our growing family of 4,000 colleagues, supporting over 2,000 children is one of the UK’s largest and highest quality providers of specialist education and behavioural health services.
Cambian Orchard School is a mixed independent specialist day school for children aged 11 to 16, catering for children with a range of different needs including attachment disorder, FASD, ASD and associated disorders. Our dedicated team of staff work together to ensure successful outcomes for students who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
As a key part of the dedicated teams we allocate to every child, you’ll have a vital role in helping children learn and develop skills for life. You don’t need any special qualifications for this role, but you do need to share our passion to help children be the very best they can be.
In return, our new and improved training programmes will help you develop your professional skills. And you’ll also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and, just like our residents, you will be learning all the time through our on-going mentoring and support.
About the Role:
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint an aspiring English Teacher to join this thriving specialist CSE School. Reporting to the Headteacher, they will be responsible for the delivery of engaging and challenging lessons, ensuring that the department and the school are successful in achieving its aims. You will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who are we looking for?
While ideally, we are looking for a qualified Teacher, we will consider applicants who are experienced Instructors who have the ambition and desire. While experience within a specialist provision would be desirable, we will consider applications from those who are currently working in a mainstream or college setting.
Subject specialism is essential for this post as is the knowledge of current best practice in English
Training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
· Plan and teach well-structured lessons
· Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs to motivate them
· Manage student anxiety effectively to ensure an enjoyable and safe working environment
· Know and understand how to assess the relevant subject and curriculum areas you teach, including statutory assessment requirements.
· Experience of teaching at KS3 or KS4 in a specialist or mainstream setting
· Experience of teaching vocationally driven subjects.
· A dedicated work ethic to ensure the needs of all students
· Is passionate about making learning effective and enjoyable
· Qualified in subject specialism
· DBS cleared and satisfactory references
· Ability to work on own initiative
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
· Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
· Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
· Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
· No two days are ever the same
This position is due to commence as soon as possible (subject to approved reference/DBS checks).
Yeovil, Somerset English Teacher [SYS-3810]