Salary: £12.63 Per Hour
Shift hours: Permanent
We are currently looking for experienced, talented and ambitious Chef to join our kitchen team at the Dalby Forest Café.
The role is based around initially at our café, offering a range of fresh salads, sandwiches and homemade pastries. Then expanding and developing the food offer within brand guidelines to include a range of inhouse baking and menu development for a newly refurbished Café bar. We cater for around 8 wedding per year with guest numbers from up 60 people.
What we’re looking for:
• Be passionate about cooking using fresh, quality ingredients and delighting guests with the food product across the café and weddings alongside our soon to open Café Bar.
• Demonstrate clear understanding of budget management with a good understanding of cost control and GP
• Have excellent communication skills and great attention to detail
• Manage kitchen hygiene standards and records whilst executing high levels of cleanliness
Could you bring your passion and culinary skill to RA Group? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Overseeing and implementing menu changes
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food services
- Listening and acting on customer feedback to consistently improve our food services
- Supporting with the creation of new menus and creative food concepts
- Representing RA Group and maintaining a positive brand image
- Monitoring inventories to keep our kitchens well-stocked
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Complying with Food Handling, Hygiene and Health and Satefty regulations
Our ideal Chef will:
We believe our people are the best asset we have and are the heart of our company.
Ideally you will have worked within a similar business and have highly effective communication skills
You’ll be a confident individual who is not afraid of using your own initiative.
Very good technical cooking ability, with experience in face to face contact with clients, discussing food
The ability to work as part of a team
Passion for fresh, seasonal, sustainable local produce
Good personal discipline and presentation.
The ability to follow recipes, take instruction, and instruct others clearly.