We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Technical Team at Greggs as a Retail Food Safety Manager based in and around the Midlands.
We can offer you:
25 days (5 weeks) annual leave, pro-rated, increasing with service (in addition to bank holidays), plus 1 additional floating day
Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 10% of your salary
Profit share: We want everyone to share in the success of the business, so we distribute 10% of our profits to all our employees who have at least 6-month service, or more, each year
Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Defined contribution management pension scheme
Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Colleague discount, up to 50% off our own-produced products
Share save schemes that let you buy discounted Greggs shares, by saving a set amount of money over a fixed time, to have an even bigger share of our profits
Career progression and learning and development
Employee Assistance Programme; A free, confidential helpline, offering advice and support with financial, relationship, work-related and wellbeing issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including a mobile app providing a range of wellness content on physical, mental, social, and financial wellbeing
Perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons and lifestyle offers
Cycle to Work scheme
A company who cares about our communities; the environment and being a better business! Click here to read about The Greggs Pledge
Colleague Networks – internal groups where colleagues and their allies can share their own experiences, offer feedback on the way we do things at Greggs, and provide support to one another
Management Grade A + company car
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday with weekend working on a rotational basis
We know that having a work-life balance is important, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role
The base location for this role is the South East, flexible location (including, but not limited to, Norwich, Peterborough, Suffolk, Bedfordshire, Ipswitch, Essex)
You will be part of a small but effective team of Retail Food Safety Managers responsible for ensuring high standards are maintained and current systems are challenged and developed.
You will be expected to build strong relationships across multiple internal and external stakeholders and work closely with the Retail Teams.
The role will involve regular travel within your area; occasional travel and overnight stays to other parts of the country may also be required. Therefore, flexibility and a full clean driving licence is essential.
Reporting to the Retail Technical Manager – South you will be direct responsibility for providing both on-site and remote food safety advice and support to our Retail Teams and other stakeholders.
What you’ll do
Working closely with the Retail Technical Manager, Retail Teams and other stakeholders, the role is responsible for:
- Ensuring customer complaints and investigations are investigated and completed correctly
- Ensuring micro sampling and data management is completed as directed
- Taking responsibility for raising the standards of hygiene and microbiological performance by proving in-shop support
- Liaising with pest control contractors to ensure commitments are met and raising awareness of pest issues
- Liaising with Local Authority representatives to provide problem resolution
- Investigating and monitoring food safety non-compliance and incidents
- Leading and contributing to the management and development of food safety and quality management systems as directed
- HACCP Team member. Contributing to the review, challenging and maintenance of HACCP systems
- Collecting, collating and communicating KPI data to schedule
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date documentation
- Contributing to training activities where necessary
We are looking for individuals who are driven, and can demonstrate:
- A Degree or HNC level education in a Food Science based subject
- HACCP Level 3 and Food Safety Level 4 qualifications
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years experience working in a technical based food safety role in a production or retail background
- Proven experience in investigations and internal audits with strong attention to detail
- Proven experience of leadership, decision making and report writing
- A result focused approach with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Enjoy being part of a hard-working team, sharing the same end goal, and celebrating results together
- Are supportive of an inclusive culture – recognising and valuing that difference is good
- Want to develop and are ready to work alongside some great people and have lots of fun on your Greggs journey!
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views. We’ll make sure you have the skills and knowledge you need to have a great career with us.