Retail Sales Assistant – Keyholder
8 hours per week
Pay rate: NMW plus additional £0.35p when completing Key Holder duties.
Please Note – If you are under 18, you won’t be able to complete keyholding duties and hold keys, instead you’ll join us as a ‘sales assistant’ until you reach your 18th birthday, when you’ll upgrade to a keyholder.
About our culture…
The Works is such an awesome place to… well… work!
Our atmosphere is supportive, welcoming, friendly and inclusive. A second home-from-home where you can be your best and authentic you.
We’ve built an environment that’s busy, always moving, and full of energy. Yet we still make space to share must-watch TV recommendations and our favourite page-turners!
It’s the perfect place for people who know how to roll their sleeves up, get creative, and put their passion and imagination to work… we’re people who ‘do’!
Overview of the role…
As a Sales Assistant, no shift is the same and you’re sure to have lots of fun! You’ll be at the forefront of inspiring our retail customers to do more and view us as their favourite retail store, whilst supporting your Sales Assistant colleagues in a team-effort to achieve this together.
Every day is different in retail, so you won’t just be working on the till or doing deliveries and pricing, you’ll also get to be creative on elements of our merchandising, plus so much more. It’s hard work, but our teams of crafty, caring and can-do colleagues will make it worthwhile!
You’ll be obsessed with delivering an amazing retail customer experience by creating ‘moments that matter’, that leave them feeling inspired to read, learn, create or play. And your top-notch product knowledge and passion will be key in influencing retail customers to return to your store for more inspiration around new products to meet their needs. After all we’re people who do!
Sales Assistant Keyholder Responsibility…
As keyholding is everyone’s responsibility, you’ll support your Store Management team to keep your store running like clockwork by opening, closing, and running the store when needed, (holidays, days off, sickness etc) but don’t worry we’ll train you to do this.
The skills you’ll need…
To flourish with us as a Sales Assistant, you’ll need to be positive, creative, confident, customer service focussed and passionate about our brand and ranges. You’ll enjoy talking to people and be at ease when approaching customers to demonstrate our products or make recommendations.
You’ll be cool with tech, able to use a Till, PC, Smartphone and e-mail. Our customers love us, which means we can get super busy as a fast-paced retailer, so you’ll need to be agile, multi-task and prioritise tasks with customer experience above all.
As we’re open long hours and our shifts do include weekends; whether you are studying, have family/caring commitments, or perhaps you’re a crafting supremo who’s creating a top-secret masterpiece…. we make sure our rotas are available 3 weeks in advance so you can get the most out of your days off.
Our PERKS really are ‘The Works’
- 25% Colleague Discount – Plus, exclusive double-discount days
- MyWorks – Exclusive online discounts across hundreds of retailers, holidays, utilities deals, tech and more
- Can-Do Academy – Instant access to further training and development to help you grow with us and develop your career
- Wagestream – Claim early access to 50% of your wages as you earn them
- Share Scheme – Become a shareholder and own your very own piece of The Works!
- 24/7 support for you and your family – Through our Employee Assistance Programme and Retail Trust Partnerships; Get free counselling, will-writing services, financial and emotional support for you and your family – because you matter!
- Save As You Earn – Save directly from your salary
- Long Service Awards – Cash, gifts, or holiday rewards
- Recognition Awards – For outstanding service, customer feedback, excellent sales and more!
- + Loads more! – Holiday, Pension, Sick pay, Life assurance and optional charity giving
Salary: Minimum wage
Job Type: part time
Full Address: Broadstone Rd, Stockport SK5 7DL, UK