£8.36 – £8.91
A Subway® Sandwich Artist™ is the face of our Franchisees’ stores. As well as preparing and serving delicious Subway® sandwiches you will meet and greet guests and deliver exceptional customer service.
You’ll be the reason customers keep coming back!
Working as a Sandwich Artist™ in a Subway® franchise is a challenging role but one that is highly rewarding. Subway® Franchisees are proud of their hard working staff and are able to offer fantastic career path opportunities to truly develop a career into supervisory and managerial roles.
- Food preparation including bread and cookie baking
- Ensure food storage and preparation areas are maintained according to Health & Safety and Audit standards
- Comply with Food Code of Practice
- Till Operator
- Monitoring stock levels
- Checking in deliveries
- Complete daily and weekly cleaning schedules
- Follow security & safety procedures
- Maintain a safe working environment for employees and customers
- Maintain high personal presentation in the provided uniform to meet the Subway® brand and customer expectations
- Work as a team member
- Deliver a high standard of service when dealing with products, sales and catering for customer needs.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead up to thirty minutes of work day (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels).
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to waist level (i.e., to replenish soda fountain syrups).
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds from ground to waist level up to thirty minutes of work day (i.e., stocking/maintaining inventory).
- Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing hand-truck).
- Ability to bend at waist with some twisting up to one hour of work day.
- Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands up to all day. This hand work requires eye-hand coordination, and may require bilateral coordination of hands up to four hours of work day.
- May be required to climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials and /or place or remove signs.
Age: Over 18 yrs only – due to nature of job role and hours/shifts that are required to work.
Education:Some high school or equivalent.
Availability: At least 3 to 4 days per week
Experience & Skills:No previous experience required. Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Physical:Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
As a Sandwich Artist™ you will serve and add value to customer needs in an efficient and friendly manner. In this role you will promote Subway® brand awareness and ensure hygiene standards are met.
Previous experience in food preparation, retail sales and/or customer service is desirable but not essential because you will receive full training and undertake various University of Subway® courses. What’s more important is a winning attitude. If you’re currently working in retail or in a restaurant, perhaps you are studying or have recently graduated and are looking to start a career in the food industry. This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Unit 18 The Concourse London