We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
Are you a proactive and adaptable Social Worker looking for a new challenge?
Our Assessment Teams are lively, fast paced and interesting. You will be joining a team who have a passion for ensuring that children and families in our area receive a positive and timely first experience from our service. The work is immensely rich, varies day-to-day and allows for a high level of multi-agency working often to tight timelines. The fast-paced nature of our work in the Assessment Team also means that you see positive outcomes for children and their families quickly.
The support we provide our Social Workers include weekly meetings alongside separate case discussions and personal supervisions. The Assessment Teams are also supported by Children’s Information and Advice Officers which makes administrative tasks much more manageable.
We currently have vacancies in the following locations, all of which have excellent public and private transport links:
- Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire (currently based at Shire Hall in central Cambridge but shortly moving to refurbished premises in Trumpington)
All staff have an allocated work base, being your main place of work, but you can access many of our corporate buildings across Cambridgeshire to work, hold and attend meetings.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply, we want to speak to you now!
Apply or get in touch with us today by calling Beth on 01223 475920. Alternatively, you can email us on email@example.com or visit our website for more information.
We know that your time is precious, so our interviews can be held virtually, by Microsoft Teams, to provide the most flexible recruitment process. We may include a virtual assessment as part of this, but we’ll give you all of the relevant information ahead of time.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We’re looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We want to hear from you about how you want to work that would help to bring your best self to Cambridgeshire. Prefer to work 37 hours over 4 days? Want to work 25 hours? Looking for a role where you can be flexible around commitments outside of work? Get in touch today and let’s have a chat about the right working pattern for you!
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.